Monday, 27 June 2016
Leaderful Behaviour
Have you ever been in ‘two minds’ about something? How do you resolve such issues – with a megaphone or with quiet and serious reflection? Many will also choose to invite Divine intervention into the mix taking the view that some matters are beyond the capacity of mere mortals to resolve. Our 24 hour news reporting culture has reduced our respect for contemplation and reflection. We pile extreme pressure upon our ‘leaders’ to vocally champion causes and punish them if they don’t.
But who among us has not acted decisively to change our own behaviour? Has there ever been a time when we just had another pint, ate another ice-cream, remained longer on the sofa, played another game etc? Who was leading us in those times? How do you feel when your choices are questioned?
In my body I want that my toe is a good toe, that my lungs breathe and my heart beats. All my organs respond automatically as circumstances require and without my shouting at them or abdicating my duty of integrated leadership and representation. Ask anyone on dialysis or suffering heart failure what it’s like to live with organ failure.
Whatever part I play in humanity, may I play it to the full. May I seek, through strong self-leadership, to contribute healthily and may I encourage others to do the same. Together we are stronger. Indeed, it’s only by working together that we can work at all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment